Professional Development & Networking
AFP-WNY 2017-2018 Luncheon Series
"Getting and Keeping the Grant"
Marie Battaglia, Grants for Growth
Jessica Weitzel, Via Evaluation
Our presenters will comprehensively address both practical and conceptual aspects of grant writing that are important to writing competitive grant proposals.
They will also cover how to prepare an Evaluation Plan including measurable objectives, outcomes, and impact, and explore how the evaluation process affects your future relationship with a grantor.
Hyatt Place Buffalo/Amherst @ 5020 Main Street, Amherst, NY 14226
- January 17
- February 21
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
- fundraising events
- leadership and mentoring for development professionals
- integration of database-maximizing technologies, and more
Presenter: Robbe Healey, MBA, NHA, ACFRE
Vice President for Philanthropy, Simpson Senior Services
8:30 - Continental Breakfast and Networking
8:45 to 9:45 - Webinar screening
9:45 to 10:00 - Post-viewing discussion
The United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
742 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo 14209
Ethical fundraising and practices are absolutely essential to the work that development professionals do. The WNY Chapter had only planned to screen three webinars this season, but this one was too important to skip, so we've added a fourth event to our programming for 2017. Don't miss this chance to join colleagues for a discussion on handling ethical dilemmas and applying AFP's Code of Ethics.
REGISTER BELOW or download a printable registration form
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of the fundraiser, the board and other staff in the philanthropic process and how fundraisers can approach and deal with unethical situations in their own organizations.
- Explore the Seven Ethical Dilemmas in the context of the standards in the AFP Code of Ethics such as conflict of interest, disclosure, privacy and percentage-based compensation.
- Review and analyze scenarios that bring up issues that fundraisers must address every day
OUR POPULAR FLEX PASS
We continue to offer Flex Pass packages which allow you to purchase bulk tickets for the professional development luncheons at a reduced cost. We are happy to share that Flex Pass packages will be available for purchase all year long at one low rate. With this member-exclusive option, AFP Members will enjoy a 10% savings off of the already low Early Bird Member rates for luncheon events.
We want to hear from you.
Tell us what you think of the luncheon series
and share your ideas for future event topics: